Launch a Facebook Fundraiser
Simply go to our Facebook page, click fundraiser on the right hand side, and answer the questions:
- Confirm the nonprofit you are raising money for
- The amount of money you want to raise
- The date you want your fundraiser to end
- A title and description for your fundraiser
Facebook will now donate $5.00 towards your birthday fundraiser!
How do I invite people to donate to a fundraiser on facebook?
To invite people to donate to a fundraiser:
- From the fundraiser, click Invite.
- Click Invite next to the friends you want to invite to contribute to the fundraiser.
Are there fees for donations made through Facebook?
Donations made on Facebook to charitable organizations using the Facebook payments platform aren't currently charged fees. For personal fundraisers, fundraiser creators are charged payment processing fees and, in some countries, additional taxes when the money raised is distributed.
How do I get a receipt of my donation?
After you make a donation, you'll receive confirmation that you've made this donation as a charitable contribution and that you're not receiving any goods or services in return. This confirmation will be sent to the primary email listed on your Facebook account. As the tax laws vary by state and by country, please consult a tax professional regarding the deductibility of this donation.